Thursday 1 November 2012

Happy Movember - Essie & Mac




Happy Movember guys! I absolutely love this charity event - such a good cause with an added bit of fun to raise money. Wasnt going to grow a moustache anytime soon and as I'm no longer in uni to get involved with the earlier shave the boys before they have a hairy month event - buying this tshirt was my donation (I'll also donate some money of course) The top is from New Look for £7.99 and I plan on wearing it a lot this month to help raise awareness. This post is a bit of a mixed one. I wanted to mention that but also to show you two new products I've purchased. The first is Mac's lipstick in 'Media' which i'm wearing above and below (excuse the photo, alcohol was consumed but I thought the photo gave a good representation of the colour)



 Mac - 'Media' Lipstick 

I originally went into town to buy Mac 'Diva' but with it being such a popular choice they were all sold out. Well, we thought we'd found one but upon me opening it, it was actually 'Media'. This may of been a blessing in disguise as I absolutely love it! It sounds a bit weird but I'm a bit scared to wear it. I feel its quite daring. When I wore it out on Saturday night people thought I was dressed up for halloween. I don't think it helped that I was wearing a black lace dress mind. I do really like it though so I shall be wearing it anyway.. just maybe not with black. I think it will look really nice with that floral top I bought from Topshop in the previous post. Media is a deep, dark red wine with a satin finish and perfect in creating the vampy look. The girl in the shop did tell me about Media and said it was very similar to Diva but a bit redder. 

Essie - Thigh High 



I was looking for this burgandy/red colour for ages and I was so pleased when I found Essie had it in the name of 'Thigh High'. They had a few other similar ones and after i'd messily swatched them all on my nails in Boots I looked very much ready for halloween and got quite a few dirty looks in town. This rich, burgandy/red shade is described by Essie’s website as a “Festive Glistening Garnet” and I think they have it pretty spot on as it is a beautiful jewelled tone. It is a very dark red, which fits in perfectly with all the dark autumn/wintery tones. Thigh High does have shimmer running through it (albeit subtle shimmer) but this does give it a gorgeous glowy quality. It is very, very subtle. I have not experienced any problems with this polish being streaky to apply, in fact I find it glides on very evenly. It is opaque in one coat, but this gives you more of a raspberry red shade, unlike the vampier deeper shade you get with two coats. I've had this on for about 4 days and it hasnt chipped yet, which for me is incredible. Overall, I'm very pleased with this and I will definitely re-purchase should I ever run out. 

5 comments:

  1. love the lipstick and this nail varnish both look great on you will have to try them out.

    pocockins.blogspot.com
    Sophie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab colours!I adore your nail lacqure!

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog
    P.S. I'm your newest bloglovin and gfc follower

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this lipstick looks lovey:):) I've never heard of it before now so I'll have to have a mooch the next time I'm in MAC xxx

    ReplyDelete